Below are some examples of our work
Arduino Hardware Prototype with Companion Application
Hardware Unit: Software written in C/C++
- We designed and assembled a hardware prototype using an Arduino Mega 2560 microcontroller. The system was designed to monitor a 360-degree area within 7 meters of the unit.
- The system is equipped with 4 infrared sensors, when trigged the unit’s camera will move in the direction where motion was detected capturing an image.
- Images are stored on a removable SD card located on the unit, and can be viewed on an SD card reader.
Mobile Application (Android): Written in Java
- Receives notifications sent via SMS from the hardware when motion is detected.
- Controls the hardware unit by sending AT Commands via SMS text.
- The app can command the hardware unit to capture images in four directions, front, rear, left, and right.
- Received SMS alerts are also viewable in the app showing the date and time received
Production Simulation System
Technologies Used: C#, Microsoft SQL Server
- Simulates a production line with configurable speeds, and worker skill levels
- Data is sent over a network to a database using SQL Server
- Data is retrieved and then displayed on an Andon board showing current stock levels for the work station in realtime
Production HMI System
Technologies Used: React.js
- Frontend developed using React.js to display the current status of a paint production line
- Displays where issues arise during the production process to alert line supervisors
- Displays statistical data based on the day’s production levels
- Log feature allows authorized users to log production issues easily for later review